Bruschetta with Olives & Goat CheesePat Tyler
Yield: 4-6 servings
½ thin loaf Italian bread sliced 1/3 in. thick
1 large garlic clove, peeled
5 oz. fresh goat cheese
1 4 oz. Chopped ripe olives
Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
3 scallions, thinly sliced
2 tsp. white wine vinegar
1 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
¼ tsp kosher salt
¾ tsp freshly ground black pepper.
- Lightly brush or spray the bread slices on both sides with oil.
- Spray broiler pan with oil, and spread the bread slices on the pan.
- Broil the bread slices at 450° until lightly toasted, turning once, about 3-4 min. in a toaster oven.
- While the bread is toasting, mix the topping ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- In small bowl mix the cheese with 2 Tbsp. water.
- Remove bread from oven and rub vigorously on one side with the garlic clove.
- Spread some of the goat cheese on each slice and top with the olive mixture.
- Serve at room temperature.