Applesauce Energy Bars
Yield: 24 bars
1 C applesauce
2 C oatmeal
1 C coarsely chopped mixed nuts
1 C sweetened coconut flakes
1 C dried fruit bits
⅔ C brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
½ C melted butter, cooled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine oats, flour, nuts, coconut, fruit, brown sugar, cinnamon and baking soda in large mixing bowl. In separate bowl, mix butter, applesauce, and egg.
- Stir applesauce mixture into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Spread mixture into lightly greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool before cutting into bars.
150 Calories; 6 g fat; 20 mg cholesterol; 105 mg sodium; 24 g carbohydrates; 2 g fiber; 3 g protein.