Vietnamese Spring RollsAna Nguyen
Yield: 4 servings
¼ pkg rice vermicelli, cooked
10 rice paper wraps (thinnest available)
½ lb shrimp, cooked & peeled
½ lb lean pork, cooked thinly sliced
A few ramaine lettuse leaves, cut small
A handful of bean sprouts
A few Vietnamese coriander leaves
A few spearmint leaves
A few basil leaves
Chinese chives, to taste
Cilantro, to taste
Link to Hoisin Dipping Sauce
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Do not over cook.
- Wet one wrap in warm water. Make sure the wrap is used immediately.
- Fill wrap with shrimp, pork, lettuce, bean sprouts, each herb type, and vermicelli.
- Fill at one end, then tuck the two sides and roll tight. Make sure you can roll a few times to secure the filling inside. (The rolls should be about 2 inches wide and 5 inches long.)
- Repeat process with remaining wraps.
- Serve with Hoisin Dipping Sauce within a few hours at room temperature.