Avocado & Orange SaladPat Tyler
(salad, avocado, orange, grapes )
Yield: 4 servings
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
2 oranges, peeled and sliced crosswise
½ medium purple onion, sliced crosswise
1 rib celery, sliced
1 branch of grapes, stemmed
from branch trimmed from larger bunch of grapes
(optional: pineapple chunks, roasted nuts, apple slices)
1 heaping serving spoon of Greek yogurt.
2 - 4 Tbsp pineapple juice
1 Tbsp ground fresh ginger (less if substituing dried ginger)
½ tsp agave nectar (or honey)
dash of black pepper
- Place avocado slices in a salad bowl, they prepare orange slices and cover the avocado to prevent browning before serving time. Add other ingredients.
- Chill if not serving immediately.
- Place dressing ingredients in small bowl. Adjust portions to suit your individual taste for consistency and sweetness. Mix well. Chill if not serving immediately.
- At serving time toss the salad so it is well mixed.
- Serve dressing in separate container.