Not Yo Mama's Banana PuddingLinda Terrell (Paula Deen recipe)
(banana, dessert, Timber Cove)
Yield: 12 servings
1 pkg Pepperidge Farm Chessman Cookies
3 - 4 bananas (or optionally more)
2 C milk
1 5-oz pkg Instant French Vanilla Pudding
1 8-oz cream cheese, softened
1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 12-oz container Cool Whip, thawed
(or preferred: 1½ C whipped cream)
- Line the bottom of a 13" X 9" pan with one layer of Chessman Cookies.
- Slice the bananas and spread in a layer over the cookies.
- In a medium bowl, combine the milk and vanilla pudding mix, set aside and let it thicken.
- In a larger bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in the Cool Whip or whipped cream (if using).
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture. Stir until well blended.
- Spread evenly over the bananas. Cover the top with an additional layer of the Chessman Cookies.
- Refrigerate a minimum of one hour before serving.