Fresh Green Bean CasseroleBobby Deen
beans, chicken stock, mushrooms, Parmesan, casserole, potluck
Yield: 6 servings
Nonstick cooking spray
5 C green beans, sliced
4¼ C low-sodium chicken broth
1 C panko bread crumbs
1 C grated Parmesan
2 Tbsp olive or canola oil
1½ C chopped onion
2 C baby bella muchrooms, sliced
2 Tbsp cornstarch
½ C reduced-fat sour cream
½ tsp House Seasoning
½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F; Spray a 1½-qt baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Boil the green beans in the chicken broth for about 20 min., drain, reserving 1½ C of the chicken broth.
- Meanwhile, mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and 2 Tbsp of the oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute the onions until translucent, 2-3 min, then add mushrooms and continue to cook 3-4 min. longer. Remove from heat.
- Add the green beans to the skillet with the mushrooms and onions. Pour the reserved chicken broth back into the green bean pot and bring to a boil.
- Combine the cornstarch and ¼ C water in a bowl to make a slurry. Slowly pour the slurry into the boiling broth, whisking constantly as it thickens, about 2 min. Pour the thickened mixture over the green beans and add the sour cream, House seasoning and salt. Stir well.
- Pour into the baking dish and sprinkle with the panko and cheese mixture. Bake until the vegetables are hot, about 10 min, then broil until the breadcrumb topping is slightly browned, 1-2 min.
188 cal, Fat: 9 g, Protein: 9 g, Carbohydrates: 22 g, Sugar: 8 g, Fiber: 4.5 g,
Cholesterol: 13 mg, Sodium: 424 mg.