Black Pepper New York Strip Steaks with Horseradish SauceCentral Market
(beef, Central Market, sauces)
Yield: 4 servings
¾ C sour cream
2 Tbsp prepared horseradish
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 New York strip steaks,10-12 oz each and about 1" thick, trimmed of excess fat
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
¾ tsp kosher salt
¾ freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl thoroughly mix the sauce ingredients.
- Prepare a two-zone fire for high heat.
- Prep: Lightly brush the steaks on both sides with the oil, and then smear the mustard on both sides. Season evenly with the salt and pepper. Let the steaks sit at room temperature for 20-30 min. before grilling.
- Grilling: Sear the steaks over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, for about 6 min., turning once and swapping their positions as needed for even cooking.
- Cooking: Move the steaks over indirect high heat and cook, with the lid closed, until they reach your desired doneness, about 2 min. for medium rate.
- Serving: Remove from the grill and let the steaks rest for 3-5 min. Serve the steaks warm with the sauce on the side.