Herbed Tuscan Grilled SteakCentral Market
( beef, Central Market )
Yield: 8 servings
4 strip loin steaks, 1" thick
¼ C EVOO (olive oil), divided
¼ C minced garlic
4 tsp Kosher salt
2 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp minced rosemary leaves
3 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat a gas grill to high (leave one burner off.) Charcoal grill: Build fire and let it burn nown until the coals are glowing red with light coating of white ash. Spread coals in an even bed on one side of the grill. Clean the cooking grate.
- Brush the steaks with a bit of the oil and season generously with garlic, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Grill the steaks over direct heat until marked, about two minutes on each side. Move the steaks to the cooler part of the grill and continue to grill over indirect medium heat until desired doneness; 6-7 min per side for medium.
- Transfer the meat to a cutting board tor a large platter. Drizzle each of the steaks with two tsp more olive oil and finish sprinkling the steaks with lemon juice.
- Let the steaks rest for about 10-15 min before carving into slices. To carve the steaks, cut the meat from the bone with the tip of a knife; it will separate easily and cleanly from the bones if you use short strokes and keep the blate as close to the bone as possible. Once the meat is cut free, carve it into slices. Serve on a heated platter or plates.