Pot Roast StewBobby Deen, Food Network
(beef, carrots, parsnips, tomatoes )
Yield: 4 servings
One 2-pound boneless chuck roast, cut into 1-inch strips
1 ½ teaspoons House Seasoning, recipe follows
1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
1 pound carrots, quartered
1 pound parsnips, quartered
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 ½ cups canned whole tomatoes
½ cup red wine
1 dried bay leaf
1 C kosher salt
¼ C garlic powder
¼ C ground black pepper
Mix together the salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Sprinkle the meat on all sides with the House Seasoning.
- Heat the oil until hot in a large pot, and then add the meat and sear on all sides.
- Add the carrots, parsnips and onions and saute for 2 minutes, and then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Stir in the tomatoes, wine and bay leaf. Cook, covered, until tender, about 55 minutes.
- Uncover, release the steam and let rest in the pot before serving, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note: This recipe can also be made in a slow cooker or conventional oven.