Salisbury Steak MeatballsRecipe Credit
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 20 min
2 lb Ground Beef
¾ C Seasoned Breadcrumbs
¼ C Brown Mustard
¼ C Ketchup or Pace Picante sauce (to eliminate sugar)
1 tsp Powdered Beef Base Or Crumbled Beef Bouillon Cubes
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Black Pepper
1 Half Stick (¼ C) Unsalted Butter
1 whole Large Onion, Halved And Sliced
2-½ cups Beef Broth
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce (additional)
1 Tbsp Ketchup (additional)
2 Tbsps Cornstarch Mixed With A Little Beef Broth To Make A Thin Paste
1 tsp Kitchen Bouquet (optional)
1 pound Egg Noodles, Cooked To Al Dente And Drained
Minced Fresh Parsley
- To make the meatballs, combine the first 8 ingredients in a mixing bowl and knead until completely combined. Form into medium-sized meatballs and place on a plate.
- Heat a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat, and then add 2 tablespoons of butter. When melted, add half the meatballs and gently move around the pan to brown. When brown, remove them to a clean plate and repeat with the rest of the meatballs.
- In the same skillet, add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown and starting to soften. In a small bowl, mix ½ cup of beef broth with the cornstarch.
- Next add to the skillet 2 cups of the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and mustard. Stir to scrape the bits off the bottom of the pan. Bring to a gentle boil and add the cornstarch mixture. Return the meatballs to the pan, reduce the heat to low, and allow them to simmer in the sauce for 10 minutes or until meatballs are done and sauce is thick. (Splash in more beef broth if needed for thinning.) To give the sauce a deeper color, add a little Kitchen Bouquet.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over a platter of egg noodles, tossed in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and sprinkle with minced parsley.