Broccoli & Farfalle SaladEpicurious
(broccoli, pasta, gorgonzola, salad)
Yield: 8-10 servings
1 lb broccoli — tops cut into ¾-in florets
stems cut into ¼-in thick rounds
1 lb farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
6 green onions, chopped
3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
¾ C mayonnaise
½ C sour cream;
3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
8 oz Gorgonzola cheese about 2 cups, crumbled
- Cook Farfalle according to package directions, rinse and cool.
- Cook broccoli stems in large pot of bailing salted water 2 min. Add florets and cook until all is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes longer. Shock in cold water. Drain.
- Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, and vinegar in large bowl. Add half of cheese.
- Using rubber spatula, mash until cheese is almost smooth. Stir in remaining cheese. Add pasta, green onions celery, parsley and broccoli. Toss to coat. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)