White Almond Wedding Cake with Buttercream FrostingLinda Terrell
(cake, Timber Cove )
Yield: about 12 servings
1 pkg white cake mix
1 C flour
1 C sugar
¾ tsp salt
1⅓ C. Water
2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
1 C Sour cream
1 tsp Almond extract
1 tsp Vanilla extract
4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 325° Prepare a 9 X 13-inch baking pan
- In medium-size bowl, stir the dry ingredients (cake mix, flour, sugar and salt) until well mixed.
- Add the wet ingredients (water, oil, sour cream, almond and vanilla extracts, and egg whites) and mix with electric mixer on low for four minutes.
- Pour better into the ban and bake until the top in a light golden brown. Inserted toothpick in middle comes out clean. 25-35 minutes (ovens vary). Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
Quick Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
3 C powdered sugar
1 C butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 Tbsp whipping cream
- Mix butter and sugar on low then increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and cream and beat for an additional minute.
- Spread over the fully cooled cake. And serve.