Chicken & Black Bean ChilaquilesCooking Lite
Yield: 6 servings
293 Calories (15% from fat)
1 C thinly sliced onion
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 C shredded cooked chicken breast
1 15-oz can black beans, rinsed & drained
1 C fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
7¾-oz salsa de chile fresco
15 6-inch corn tortillas, cut into 1-in strips
1 C shredded queso blanco (4-oz)
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion; sauté about 5 min. until lightly browned.
- Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Add chicken; cook 30 seconds.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl; stir in beans.
- Add broth and salsa to pan; bring to boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 min., stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Coat 11 X 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cover baking dish with ½ of the tortilla strips.
- Layer ½ chicken-bean mixture over tortillas; top with remaining tortillas and chicken-bean mixture.
- Pour broth mixture evenly over chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until tortillas are lightly browned and cheese is melted.