Green Chili Chicken SoupAllRecipes.com
(chicken, peppers, cheese, cream, sour cream, soup )
Yield: 4 servings
1 Tbsp butter
½ C finely diced onion
1 tsp minced garlic
½ C chopped fresh green chiles
1 (5-oz) can chunk chicken
1½ tsp ground cumin
1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1¼ C half-and-half cream
1 C shredded Cheddar cheese
¼ C sour cream
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion until transparent.
- Stir in the garlic, green chiles, chicken, and cumin. Cook 1 min to blend flavors.
- Stir in the cream of chicken soup and half-and half. Cook until heated through, about 5 min.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls. Top with cheese and a dollop of sour cream.