Grilled Asian ChickenJanet M., Allrecipes.com
Yield: 4 servings
¼ C soy sauce
4 tsp sesame oil
3 slices fresh ginger root
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine soy sauce, oil, honey, ginger and garlic. Heat in microwave on medium for 1 min, then stir. Heat again for 30 seconds, watching closely to prevent boiling.
- Place chicken breasts in a shallow dish. Pour soy mixture over, and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a grill for medium-high heat. Drain marinade from chicken into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Set aside for basting.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Cook chicken on the prepared grill 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until juices run clear. Baste frequently with remaining marinade.
- Chicken will turn a beautiful golden brown.
The chicken breasts may be cooked in a broiler instead of using a grill. Keep the broiler as hot as possible and broil for 5 or 6 minutes (less if the breasts are thin.)