Panko Baked Chicken ThighsBy Lacey Baier, A Sweet Pea Chef
(chicken)This recipe works for any and all chicken pieces
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 45 min
Oven Temp: 375°F
8 chicken thighs, skin-on
2 tsp kosher salt, divided
1 tsp ground black pepper, divided
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
1 C garbanzo (chickpea) flour (substitute wheat flour)
2 eggs beaten
¼ C almond milk (substitute cows milk)
1 Tbsp hot sauce (Cholula)
1½ C Panko breadcrumbs (unseasoned)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. For easy cleanup, line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Use 3 shallow dishes to hold the following dredging mixtures:
- Combine flour, 1 tsp. Kosher salt, and ½ tsp pepper.
- Combine eggs, milk, hot sauce, ½ tsp Kosher salt, and ¼ tsp pepper
- Combine Panko breadcrumbs with ½ tsp Kosher salt, ½ tsp paprika, ¼ tsp black pepper, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp onion powder. Stir to combine.
- One at a time, dredge each thigh into the seasoned flour, shaking off any excess, followed by the egg mixture, then the Panko mixture.
- Place each fully dredged thigh in the baking pan, skin-side-up.
- Bake until the thighs are golden brown and fully cooked, about 45 minutes.
- Plate and serve hot.
Pressure Cooker Method: