Creole Chicken with Sausageby Diana Rattray The Spruce
(chicken, Creole, slow cooker)
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 6 hours
Inactive: 6 hrs 10 min
1½ lb chicken thighs, boneless chunks
12 oz smoked andouille sausage, 1 to 2-inch lengths
1 C onions, chopped
¾ C chicken broth or water
1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes
1 6-oz can tomato paste
2 tsp Cajun or Creole seasoning
dash cayenne pepper, to taste
1 bell pepper, chopped
dash salt & pepper, to taste
Cooked rice or pasta
- In a slow cooker, combine the chicken thigh pieces, andouille sausage pieces, chopped onions, broth or water, tomatoes (with their juices), tomato paste, Creole seasoning, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and cook the chicken and sausage mixture on LOW for 6 to 7 hours.
- Add the chopped green bell pepper about an hour before the dish is done.
- Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.
- Serve this flavorful chicken and sausage dish over hot boiled rice, or serve it with spaghetti or angel hair pasta.