Garlic-Ginger Chicken Thighsby Guy Fieri Food Network Magazine
(Asian, chicken, grill )
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 25 min
2 lb skin-on, boneless chichen thighs
1 C red onion, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp minced peeled ginger
¼ soy sauce
¼ fresh tangerine or orange juice
Freshly ground pepper
vegetable oil for grill
- Combine the chicken, onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, juice and 1 tsp pepper in large resealable plastic bag. Seal and shake to coat the chicken with the marinade. Refrigerate 1 hour or over night.
- Preheat a grill to medium high and oil the grate.
- Grill the chicken skin-side down until marked, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Flip and continue to grill until cooked through, about 5 more minutes.
- Let fest 5 minutes before serving.
Based on other reviews, I made some adjustments. Instead of orange juice, I used rice wine vinegar. I didn't have skin-on boneless thighs, so I used boneless/skinless. And I added olive oil to the marinade. The result was an amazing, delicious, healthy meal that is going in my rotation. 5 stars!!