Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chickenby Linda Terrell https://nowmagazines.com/onlineeditions/editions/119granbury.pdf, page 18
(Pressure Cookery, Timber Cove, chicken)
Yield: 4 servings
2 Tbsp. butter
1 small onion, diced
2 tsp. garlic, minced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
16 oz. farfalle pasta
3 oz. spinach, coarsely chopped
1 to 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2-inch filets
Montreal Chicken Seasoning, to taste
1 cup half-and-half
2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté mode. Add butter and onions; sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic; sauté for 30 seconds. Add chicken broth, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Then add mushrooms, pasta, spinach and chicken. Sprinkle Montreal Chicken Seasoning on top of the chicken.
- Put on the lid, making sure the steam valve is set to seal; set the manual cook time to 6 minutes. When cooking is over, let it natural pressure release for 10 minutes, then turn valve to vent.
- Remove the lid; use tongs to place the chicken on a platter. Loosely cover the chicken with foil.
- Turn the Instant Pot back to sauté mode.
- Warm the half-and-half for 45 seconds in the microwave, then whisk the flour in until it’s smooth. Whisk the mixture into the Instant Pot. This will thicken the sauce in a few minutes.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, and season with more salt and pepper, to taste. Pour the sauce over the chicken.