Cowboy Butterby Ree Drummond Ree Drummond, Food Network
(condiment, and condiment under sauces )
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 45 min
2 sticks salted butter, softened (1 cup)
⅓ C finely minced parsley + more if needed
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
pinch of coarsley ground black pepper to taste
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 lemon, zested and halved
Make the cowboy butter well in advance of planned use.
- Placed the softened butter in the bowl of mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Whip the butter until fluffy.
- Add the parsley, red pepper, black pepper, garlic, lemon zest, and juice of half of the lemon. Mix until it's totally combined, scraping the bowl sides as needed. Add extra parsley, lemon, pepper and salt to taste.
- Lay out a long piece of plastic wrap and scoop the butter mixture in a long strip down the middle. Carefully pull one side of the plastic wrap over the butter, squeezing it gently to form into a log. Continue to roll the log of butter into a roll.
- Twist the ends of the wrap until taut to press the butter into a tight log.
- Refrigerate until the log is hard. The freezer will speed the process if needed.