Obie's CookiesRecipe Credit
Yield: 4 servings
1 C butter
1 C sugar
1 egg, separated
2 C flour
2 tsp vanilla
1½ C thinly sliced pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together butter and sugar; add egg yolk, flour and vanilla.
- Mix together and spread thinly on 2 9X15-inch cookie sheets using a small spatula and your fingers.
- Beat egg white slightly and brush tops of mixture with it; then cover with chinly sliced pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cut into squares while warm. After cookies have cooled, store in airtight container.
Nutritional analyais per cookie:
77 Calories, 5 grams fat, 7 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram protein, 11 milligrams cholesterol, 32 milligrams sodium, trace dietary fiber, 60 percent of calories from fat.