Quaker's Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin CookiesQuaker Oats Company
(cookies, oatmeal, raisins, brown sugar )
Yield: 4 dozen cookies
½ C + 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
¾ C brown sugar, firmly packed
½ C granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1½ C all-purpoise flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
½ tsp salt (optional)
3 C Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 C raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to sugar/egg mixture, mix well.
- Add oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes in ungreased 13X9-inch metal baking pan.