Yield: 4 - 6 servings
1½ C fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tsp olive oil
4 C water
1 C uncooked stone-ground grits
1 tsp kosher salt
salt to taste
- Sauté corn kernels and garlic in hot olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until corn is tender. Transfer mixture to a small bowl.
- Add water to saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in uncooked grits and 1 tsp. kosher salt; return to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 30 to 35 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in corn mixture, and add salt to taste.