Crab CocktailNigella Lawson, Epicurious
(appetizer, Asian, crab, mayonnaise, lime, Chinese cabbage )
Yield: 2 servings
¼ C mayonnaise
¼ tsp soy sauce
¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
few drops sesame oil
½ tsp wasabi paste
¼ inch fresh ginger
1 lime, halved
1½ C white crab meat
Chinese leaf cabbage to line 2 small plates when shredded
1 tsp pink peppercorns
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sesame oil, and wasabi. Peel and mince or grate the ginger into the bowl and add the zest of ½ the lime.
- Squeeze ½ tsp of lime juice into the bowl and mix everything together
- Toss the crab in the sauce, and then finely shred the Chinese leaf cabbage.
- Arrange a bed of shredded cabbage on two plates. Divide the crab between them, piling it into the center of each.
- Finely chop the scallion and scatter over each plate and bash some pink peppercorns either in either a pestle and morter or put them in a freezer bag, close it and hit with a rolling pin and sprinkle these ober the crab cocktails.
- Cut the remaining lime half into wedges and put on the side of the plates for extra spritzing.
A dollop of Colman's English mustard may replace the wasabi paste.
Boston lettuce may be substituted for the Chinese leaf cabbage.