Spiced Cranberry ChutneyHood County News
(relish, cranberry, orange, apple, raisins, apricot )
Yield: 4 servings
2 ¼ C brown sugar - packed
1 ½ C cranberry juice
½ C apple cider vinegar
½ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground allspice
2 oranges with peeling removed, torn into segments
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and coarsly chopped
½ C dried currants or golden raisins
2 - 12 oz. pkg. fresh cranberries
½ C dried apricots, coarsely chopped
2 T finely grated orange zest
- Combine first 5 ingredients in heavy Dutch oven.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat, and bring to boil.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is thick, stirring occasionally for about 40 minutes.
- Cool completely and chill.