Grilled Fish TacosNettie Lopez, Central Market
(Mexican, Central Market, fish, tortillas, avocado, cabbage slaw )
Yield: 10 tacos
2 lb Thick red snapper fillets with skin
2 Tbsp grape seed oil, plus more for brushing
10 7-inch flour tortillas, warmed
2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
Hot sauce, for serving
Lime wedges, for serving
- Cut snapper skin crosswise into ten 2-inch-wide strips ¼" deep.
- Brush fish with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over moderately high heat until lightly charred and cooked through, (10 min per inch of thickness).
- Transfer fish to a platter and pull of the skin.
- To assemble each taco, spread a dollop of guacamole on a tortilla. Top with a piece of fish, a few tomato slices and a large spoonful of the cabbage slaw. Service with the hot sauce and the lime wedges.