Hawaiian Swordfish with Citrus MarinadeLee Elsesser, Central Market
(Central Market, tropical, swordfish)
Yield: 4 servings
4 4 to 6-oz swordfish steaks, 1" thick
½ stick (4 Tbsp ) butter
1 recipe Citrus Marinade
8 Tbsp unsalted butter (divided)
1 shallot, finely chopped
2/3 C shopped macadamia nuts
1/3 C dry white wine (Pinot Grigio)
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
¼ C heavy cream
2 fresh pineapple slices, ½" thick
- Coat the steaks with the marinade and set aside for about 20 minutes. (If you marinate fish for longer than 30 minutes it will lose texture.)
- In a saute pan, melt six Tbsp. butter over medium heat. When hot, add the shallots and stir cook until softened, about 3 min. Sitr in the macadamias and cook another minute. Add the white wine and cook until the liquid is reduced by half. Add the lemon joice and cream, stir in and simmer about 3 min. Set aside to keep warm.
- In a separate skillet, over medium-high heat, melt the remaining two Tbsp. butter and add the pineapple. Cook the slices about 2 min per side, or until nicely browned. Set aside and keep warm.
- With broiler hot, scrape the excess marinade from the swordfish and place on an oiled sheet pan or broiler rack.
- Broil 4-inches from the heat for about 4 min. Turn the steaks and check after 3 min. When done the fish should have just an indication of translucence in the center.
- Plate the steaks, top each with ½ a pineapple slice and spoon on the sauce.