Fish Tacos With Salsa Verde and Radish Salad
(Mexican, tilapia, radish)Yield: 4 servings
1 bunch fresh cilantro, thick stems removed
4 Tbsp fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
3 Tbsp olive oil (EVOO)
½ bunch radishes, about 4 oz, trimmed, and thinly sliced
3 scallions, thinly sliced
½ jalapeño chile, ribs and seeds removed, minced
1½ lb skinless tilapia fillets (about 4)
½ tsp ground coriander
12 corn tortillas (6-inch)
Coarse salt & ground pepper
- Heat broiler, with rack set 4" from heat.
- Salsa: In blender, combine cilantro, 2 Tbsp lime juice, 2 Tbsp water; season with salt and pepper. Blend until pureed. Set aside.
- Radish Salad: In small bowl, mix remaining 2 Tbsp lime juice, remaining Tbsp oil, radishes, scallions, and jalapeño; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- fish: Place tilapia on a rimmed baking sheet; season with coriander, salt and pepper. Broil until opaque throughout, about 4-5 min; Break into chunks.
- Meanwhile, using tongs, hold tortillas over a gas flame until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds per side (or wrap stacked tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave on high until warm and soft, about 1 min.
- To Assemble, fill tortillas with fish and radish salad; top with salsa verde and fold.
439 calories, 15 grams fat, 39 grams protein, 39 grams carbohydrates, 6 grams fiber; 32 percent of calories from fat.