Pecan Crusted Lemonfish with Lemon Butter SauceEmeril Lagassi
Yield: 4 servings
1½ C Lemon Butter Sauce
3 Tbsp Emeril's Creole Seasoning
4 lemonfish steaks or fillets (5-6 oz. each)
substitutes: mahimahi, snapper, grouper, or bass
2 C all-purpose flour
1 C ground pecans
2 large eggs
1 C milk
½ C olive oil
- Prepare Lemon Butter Sauce, and keep warm.
- Preheat over to 375°
- Sprinkle ¾ tsp Creole Seasoning over each fish steak or fillet, and pat it on with your hands.
- In a bowl, combine the 1 C flour and the remaining 1 Tbsp Creole Seasoning. In a third bowl beat the eggs together with the milk.
- Dredge the seasoned fillets first in the seasoned flour, then in the egg wash, and finally in the pecan/flour mixture. Gently shake off the excess.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot and almost smoking (about 375°F) add the fish and sauté until golden, for about 1½ to 2 minutes on each side. Turn the fish back to the first side and place the skillet in the oven until the fish is brown and crisp, for about 4 minutes.
- To serve, pour about 1/3 C of the Lemon Butter Sauce on each of 4 dinner plates, place a fillet on the sauce, and top with ½ C of the Pecan Crab Relish