Halibut Steak with Green SauceCharter Guy, allrecipes.com
(halibut, capers, cream, white wine)
Yield: 4 servings
4 (8 oz) halibut steaks
salt and pepper to taste
½ C all-purpose flour for dusting
¼ C melted butter
¼ C dry white wine
1 lemon juiced
½ C heavy cream
2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
4 Tbsp finely chopped basil
2 Tbsp drained capers
- Rinse the halibut steaks and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper, then dust with flour.
- Melt the butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the halibut steaks in the butter for 4 to 5 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium, stir wine into the pan, scrapping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom.
- Mix in the lemon juice, then sitr in the cream. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Season with parsley, basil and capers, and stir for another minute.
- Serve halibut with sauce spooned over it.
- Garnish with additional parsley if desired.