Do-Ahead Breakfast BakeBetty Crocker/Pat Tyler
(casserole, ham, potatoes, cheddar, Bisquick, eggs )
Yield: 12 servings
1 C diced cooked ham (6 oz)
15 oz frozen hash brown potatoes
or make Hash-browns from scratch
1 med green bell pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp chopped onion
2 C shredded Cheddar —8 oz
1 C Bisquick® or biscuit mix
3 C milk
½ tsp pepper
- In a lightly oiled large skillet, brown hash-browns turning frequently until they lose about 1/3 of their moisture content in the steam produced.
- Grease 3-quart glass baking dish (13X9 or 9X9X3) with shortening or cooking spray.
- Drain any excess moisture from the diced ham.
- Layer ham, potatoes, bell pepper, onion, and 1 cup of the cheese in the baking dish.
- In large bowl stir Bisquick mix, milk, pepper, and eggs until blended. (Small lumps in the mixture are OK.) Pour into baking dish and smooth so all is evenly covered. Add remainder of cheese for the top layer.
- Cover. Refrigerate at least 4 and no more than 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake uncovered 30-35 min. or until light golden brown around edges and cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes.