Grandma's Creamy Ham Casseroleby L. Welsh
(ham, casserole, noodles, cheese)
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min
1 8-oz pkg egg noodles
1 C fully cooked ham, cubed
1 12-oz can evaporated milk
1 10.75 oz can Condensed cream of chicken soup
1 small onion, minced
⅓ processed cheese (such as Velveeta), cubed
substitute shredded real cheese such as cheddar.
½ C crushed potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. (175°C)
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. About 5 min. Drain.
- Mix noodles, ham, evaporated milk, chicken soup, onion, and processed cheese in a 9"X13" baking dish until evenly distributed.
- Bake until bubbly and the cheese melted, about 1 hour. About 5 min before end of baking, sprinkle chips atop the casserole and return to oven. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Notes: Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers frest, and makes clean-up easy.