Greek Meatballs in Wine SauceRachael Ray
(Greek, lamb, beef, white wine)
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 12 min
¾ pound ground lamb
¾ pound ground beef or ground veal
1 small yellow skinned onion, minced or grated with hand grater
A handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp (1 turn of the pan) extra-virgin olive oil
1 C dry white wine
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- In a bowl combine meats, onion, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Add butter and oil to pan.
- Begin rolling small, bite-size balls, adding balls to pan as you roll them.
- Cook balls 10 to 12 minutes, shaking pan occasionally to brown equally on all sides.
- Deglaze pan with wine and allow wine to reduce by half, 1 or 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon over the meatballs.
- Serve in a bowl.