Beer Batter Fried Mushroomsby Pepper Monkey
(appetizer, mushroom )
Yield: 4 - 6 servings
Total Time: 25 min
2 C beer (your favorite)
2 C sifted flour
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp parsley flakes
3 - 6 C cooking oil (depends on size of pot & mushrooms)
1 - 2 lb whole fresh large mushrooms, washed and dryed
- Pour about 3 inches (more if needed to cover the mushrooms) of oil into a large pot.
- Heat until it reaches about 375 degrees Farenhieght.
- Meanwhile Mix beer, flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper and parsley flakes in a large bowl. Mix until smooth and well blended without any lumps.
- Dip mushrooms into batter and coat well.
- Fry mushrooms in batches in oil until crispy and brown.
- Time will vary depending on temperature of oil and the amount of mushrooms being fried. I usually do about 10 mushrooms at a time and it takes about 8 minutes.
- When done, remove mushrooms to a plate or bowl lined with paper towels to drain off excess oil.
- Place in a shallow bowl sprinkle with salt and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve with favorite dipping sauce!