Oatmeal Cranberry Energy Barsby Motts Applesauce kitchen www.motts.com/recipes
(oatmeal, coconut, cranberries, apple sauce)
Yield: 16 servings
¼ C Cinnamon Applesauce
1 C rolled oats
1 C coarsely chopped almonds, pecans, walnuts, cashews,
or a mixture of them.
1 C dried cranberries, (or cherries, raisins,
chopped apricots or a mixture)
½ C shredded coconut
¼ C millet (optional)
½ C creamy peanut butter or cashew butter
½ C brown rice syrup or honey
- Preheat oven to 325°F and prep a square 8 or 9-inch baking pan
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until the nut butter, brown rice syrup and applesauce are fully combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared bake pan in an even layer. It will be sticky.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is starting to brown.
- Cool completely on a rack then cut into 16 bars, each appreximately 2 inches square.
- If you substituted honey for the brown rice syrup, refrigerate overnight before cutting.