Penne with Chicken and AsparagusAll Recipes
Yield: 4 servings
8 oz penne pasta
3 Tbsp olive oil (EVOO)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 skinless, boneless, ½ chicken breast — cut into cubes
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
½ C low-sodium chicken stock
Garlic powder to taste
1 bunch asparagus, (1-inch pieces)
¼ C grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender, but firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 - 10 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving about a cup of pasta water.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is cooked through and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken to paper towels.
- Pour chicken broth into the skillet, then stir in asparagus, and a pinch of garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover and steam until asparagus is just tender, 5 - 10 min.
- Return chicken to skillet, and warm through.
- In large bowl, stir chicken mixture into pasta, and mix well. Let sit about 5 minutes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, stir again, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.