Cheesy Baked TortelliniPat Tyler
(pasta, Marinara sauce, mushrooms, olives, cheese, Parmesan)
Yield: 8 servings
20 oz cheese tortellini pasta
olive oil (EVOO)
1 jar Marinara sauce (El Classico)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 jar sliced mushrooms
1 3-oz can sliced ripe olives
⅓ C mascarpone cheese
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
¼ C chopped fresh Italian parsley
2 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
2 oz sliced smoked mozzarella
⅓ C grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare large 3-qt baking dish.
- Whisk the sauce, garlic, mushrooms, olives, mascarpone cheese, herbs, and salt & pepper.
- Cook the tortellini in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, 5 - 10 min. Drain.
- Add the Tortellini to the sauce and toss to coat. Transfer the tortellini mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Top the mixture with the smoked mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover and bake until sauce bubbles and the cheeses on top melt, about 30 min.