Cacio e Pepe (spaghetti)Central Market
(Central Market, pasta, cheese, Parmesan)
Yield: 4 servings
1 lb pasta, (tonnarelli or spaghetti)
4 Tbsp EVOO (olive oil)
2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper, plus more to taste
1 C finely grated Pecorino Ramano
¾ C finely grated Parmesan
Kosher salt, to taste
- Bring a 6-qt. pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta; cook until al dente, 8-10 min. Reserve 1 C pasta water and drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a 12" skillet over med. heat until shimmering. Add pepper; cook until fragrant, 1-2 min.
- Ladle ¾ C pasta water into skillet; bring to a boil. Using tongs, transfer pasta to skillet; spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle ¾ C each Pencorino Ramano and Parmesan over pasta; toss vigorously to combine until sauce is creamy and clings to the pasta without clumping, about 2 min. adding some pasta water if necessary.
- Transfer to 4 plates and sprinkle with remaining Pecorino and more pepper.