Tex Mex ZitiMr. Food
(Mexican, pasta, ground beef, onion, Marinara, picante, cheese )
Yield: 6 servings
1 (12-oz) pkg ziti
1 lb ground beef
½ medium onion, chopped
2 C spaghetti sauce
1 C picante sauce
1 (15-oz) container ricotta cheese
2 C shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9X13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and drain again; set aside in large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown beef and onion over medium heat 5 min; drain off excess liquid. Add to drained pasta along with spaghetti sauce, picante sauce, ricotta cheese, and 1 C Mexican cheese blend; stir until well combined.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish and bake 25 min. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cup of Mexican cheese blend. Return to oven and bake 10 min, or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro just before serving.
- For additional ethnic flavor, you might want to add a drained can of green chilies, jalapeño peppers, or black olives when you combine all of the ingredients.