Mac & Cheese on Steroids (5 cheeses)by All Recipes.com
(casserole, potluck, pasta, cheese)
Yield: 12 servings: 9 X 13 dish
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
1 16 oz pkg elbow macaroni
1 C shredded mossarella cheese
1 C shredded Swiss cheese
1 C grated Parmesan cheese
1 C shredded provolone cheese
½ C ricotta cheese
½ C sour cream
½ C heavy cream
1 Tbsp chopped parsley
½ tsp dried Italian seasoning
½ tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain.
- In a large bowl, toss together the mozzarella cheese, Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese and provolone cheese. Remove about 1/2 cup for topping and set aside. In a separate bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, sour cream and heavy cream. Season with parsley, Italian seasoning and garlic salt.
- Pour the ricotta cheese mixture and drained macaroni into the bowl with the cheeses and toss lightly. Do not mix too thoroughly, it's better left messy.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the reserved cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes, then turn the oven to broil. Broil for about 5 minutes to brown the top.
Amount per serving: Calories: 342; Total fat: 16.2 g; Cholesterol: 49 mg;