Spiced Pear TartLars Leicht, Central Market
(Central Market, dessert, pear )
Yield: 6 - 8 servings
½ C unsalted butter, room temp.
½ C organic sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1½ tsp lemon zest
1 pinch salt
1 C all purpose flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
4-6 medium pears, seeded and cut in fourths or sixths
1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp light brown sugar
4 Tbsp dark chocolate, shaved with microplane
Substitutions: plums, peaches, apples, blueberries, raspberries, or similar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Generously butter a 9-in. spring-form pan.
- Using an electirc mixer, beat the butter in a large bowl until fluffy; Add the ½ C sugar and beat until well blended.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then add the lemon juice, vanilla, and lemon zest. Beat in the salt, flour, and baking powder until batter is smooth.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Arrange the fruit on top of the batter in concentric circles to make a pleasing pattern.
- Sprinkle with the cinamon and light brown sugar.
- Bake approximately 35-40 minutes, until golden on top, and a knife tip inserted in the batter comes out clean.
- Cool slightly, remove pan sides, sprinkle with the chocolate shavings, and serve warm or at room temperature.