Grandma's Pork ChopsEpicurious.com
Yield: 6 servings
6 1-inch loin pork chops
3 Tbsp Dry Rub For Meats and Poultry
3 oranges, juiced
1 lemon, juiced
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
2 cloves garlic, smashed
Grape seed or other vegetable oil
- Maranade: Rub both sides of chops with the dry rub, coating generously. Place in a deep baking dish, overlapping if necessary. Stir citrus juices, vinegar, and garlic together in bowl until blended. Pour this mixture over chops and massage into them.
- Marinate chops at room temperature for up to 1 hour, or up to 1 day in the refrigerator.
- Pour enough oil into large, heavy skillet to film bottom. Heat oil over medium heat until rippling.
- Remove chops from marinade and discard the marinade.
- Add as many chops as will fit in pan without touching.
- Cook until chops are well browned on the underside, about 6 min. Turn and cook until they are firm when poked with finger, about 8 min. Keep warm while cooking second batch if necessary. Serve immediately.