Slow-cooker Sweet PotatoesBrenda Tyler
( potatoes, orange, brown sugar, bacon)
Yield: 8 servings
4 lb sweet potatoes
1½ C frozen orange juice, (thawed)
4 Tbsp butter, melted
3 Tbsp light brown sugar
2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp minced fresh rosemary
2 tsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp cold water
½ C chopped parsley
1 Tbsp orange zest
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- Peel & slice sweet potatoes into 1-in slices. Place in slow cooker.
- Stir together orange juice and next 4 ingredients in small bowl. Pour over sweet potatoes, tossing to coat.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5½ to 6 hours until potaotes are tender.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving dish, using a slotted spoon. (Keep warm.) Increase slow cooker to HIGH.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water until smooth. Whisk cornstarch mixture into cooking liquid in slow cooker. Cook, whisking constantly, 3 to 5 min or until sauce thickens. Spoon sauce over potatoes.
- Stir together parsley, orange zest, and garlic. Sprinkle potatoes with the parsley mixture and crumbled bacon.