Skillet Hashbrown FrittataStar-Telegram
(potato, sausage, bacon, eggs, cheese, breakfast )
Yield: 6-8 servings
1 4.2-oz carton Hungry Jack Hashbrown Potatoes
4 turkey sausage patties or 6 links
6 slices turkey bacon
¼ C milk
½ to 1½ tsp hot sauce
Pinch ground black pepper
2 Tbsp butter
½ C diced onion
4 slices or ⅔ C shredded cheese
- Fill hash browns carton to fill line with hottest tap water. Let stand 12 min. Drain any excess water.
- Cook turkey sausage and bacon according to package directions. Crumble or chop.
- Whisk eggs, milk, hot sauce and black pepper.
- Melt butter in 10 or 12-inch nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add onion and cook until softened. Spread hash browns evenly in pan and partway up sides. Cook without stirring until light golden brown and crisp on one side, about 3 min. Sprinkle crumbled sausage and bacon over potatoes. Pour eggs evenly over and arrange cheese on top.
- Cover skillet and reduce heat to low; cook until eggs are set in center and cheese is melted, about 15 min.
- Serve from pan or slide onto platter, then cut into wedges.