Sweet Potato Steak FriesNancy Fuller, Food Network
(sweet potatoes, white potatoes)
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 min
Inactive: 5 min
Cook Time: 30 min
3 lb sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
olive oil for drizzling
Kosher sale and freshly ground black pepper
paprika for sprinkling
garlic powder for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a rimmed sheet pan with foil.
- Cut ends off the potatoes, then cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Then cut into thick wedges, keeping all the wedges evenly sized.
- Place the potato wedges in a large bowl and drizzle with a few tablespoons of olive oil, a big pinch of kosher salt and lots of freshly ground pepper. Sprinkle to taste with paprika and garlic powder. Toss everything to evenly coat.
- Spread the fries on the lined sheet pan. Roast until brown and crispy on the bottoms. 10 to 20 minutes. Watch carefully to be sure they are crispy.
- Flip all the fries and return them to the oven to roast until they are brown and crispy, another 10 to 20 minutes. Watch carefully to be sure they are crispy.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.