Oven Roasted Autumn Medley & SausageBeth Moncel @ Budget Bytes
(sausage, sweet potato, apple, onion)
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 45 min
1½ lb (2 small or 1 large sweet potato)
1 med red onion
2 med apples
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried sage
1 tsp dried rosemary
salt & freshly ground pepper
2 links (⅔ lb) turkey (or your choice) sausage
handful fresh parsley for garnish
- Prehead oven to 400°F.
- Peel the sweet potato. Cut the apples, onion and sweet potato into one-inch chunks.
- Place the chopped apples and vegetables in a 9" X 13" casserole dish. Add the olive oil, basil, sage, rosemary, salt and pepper. Toss until everything is well coated.
- Optional: Nestle the sausage into the casserold dish to roast with the vegetables. Transfer casserole into the preheated oven and bake for 45 min. Stir once and flip the sausage at 25 min. Or, (preferred if using a greasy sausage: roast the sausage in a separate container, then drain.)
- After removing the dish from the oven, slice the sausage into thin medallions and add it back to the dish.
- Sprinkle with chopped, fresh parsley.
- Serve with crusty French or Italian bread.