Instant Pot Risottoby Linda Terrell https://nowmagazines.com/onlineeditions/editions/119granbury.pdf - Page 18 -
(Pressure Cookery, Timber Cove, Italian, rice)
Yield: 4 entree servings
2 tsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 Tbsp garlic, minced
2 C Arborio rice
4 C chicken or vegetable stock
¼ C red or white wine
2 sprigs fresh thyme
salt & pepper to taste
1 Tbsp butter
1 C grated Parmesan cheese
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté. Add oil and heat.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add rice; stir constantly until the rice is toasted. It will take a couple of minutes, and take care that the rice does not stick and burn.
- Add stock, wine, thyme, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Place the pressure lid on top and be sure the steam vent is sealed. Pressure cook for 7 minutes (for older models use the Manual button).
- Do a quick release. Stir in the butter and cheese.
- Options: You can add muchrooms, shrimp, peas, extra cheese or broccoli.