Pork Fried Riceby Pat Tyler
(rice, pork, pressure cookery)
Cook and refrigerate the rice in advance of preparing this recipe.
Yield: 4 servings
Inactive: 2-3 hours
1 C uncooked rice blend
Rice Select Royal Blend (Texmati Brown and Wild Rice
with Soft Wheat & Rye) + I add pearled barley
1 ¼ C chicken broth
¼ C baby carrots, sliced
½ C butter, cut into 1 Tbsp-size cubes
2 C lean pork, cooked & diced
1 small onion diced (½ - ¾ C )
½ red bell pepper, diced
1 small zuccini, diced
½ C jarred mushrooms, sliced (1 C if using fresh)
1½ C snap peas, sliced
Season with Salt, Pepper, Soy sauce, Paprika, and cayenne to taste
- Pressure cook rice blend in the chicken broth 28 minutes. Release pressure naturally. Refrigerate the cooked rice until chilled.
- While rice is cooking, boil the sliced carrots until crisp tender in water then drain and cool.
- When rice is chilled, melt about 3 Tbsp butter in a large fry pan. Add the pork. Cook until lightly browned. Add butter as needed.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the bell pepper, zuccini, mushrooms, carrots, peas and stir until well mixed.
- Begin adding the seasonings, tasting and stirring as you go. Cook until flavors mix and vegetables are crisp tender. Serve immediately.
- This may be stored and reheated.