Spicy Cauliflower & Citrus SaladPat Tyler;
(Italian, salads, broccoli, cauliflower, avocado, orange )
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Begin by making the orange vinaigrette so that all of the ingredients have time to macerate together in a little container you can seal and shake.
1 small cauliflower, florets cut to bite-size
1 lb broccoli, florets cut to bite-size
2 seedless oranges, peeled and sliced thinly
1 avocado, peeled and sliced or diced (optional)
1 recipe Orange Vinaigrette
- Peel the oranges either by hand or with a knife, removing all the hanging white piths. Then, slice it thinly cross-wise. (If the oranges are not seedless, pick the seeds out of the slices.) Set aside.
- Chill florettes in the refrigerator for an hour or more.
- Peel the avocado and slice in thin wedges.
- Transfer the florets to a serving dish, interleave with orange slices and avocado wedges.
- Give the vinaigrette another good shake and pour on top.