Fresh Vegetable Saladby Julie Espy, www.whitelightsonwednesday.com/fresh-vegetable-salad/
(salad, corn, tomatoes, celery, cucumber, onion, peppers, zucchini)
Yield: 8 - 12 servings
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 5
½ C sour cream
¼ C mayonaise
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
2 Tbsp finely diced jalapeño or hot sauce to taste
1 tsp celery seed
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
4 ears yellow corn, cooked, cooled, and cut off the cob
2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
6 stalks celery, chopped
1 cucumber, chopped
½ red onion, finely chopped
1 large bell pepper (red or orange)
1 large or 2 small zucchini, diced
- Dressing: In an medium bowl, whish together sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, jalapeño, celery seed, salt & pepper until smooth. Set aside to let the flavors marry while you prepare the veggies.
- Salad: Mix all the prepared vegetables together in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the salad and gently mix until well combined. Serve immediately.
- You can leave out the jalapeño if you don't want a spicy dressing. To control the heat substitute hot sauce to taste.
- If you're in a pinch, you can use 2 15-oz cans of corn that have been rinsed and drained, but the fresh corn is much better.